The Playhouse Project
THE PLAYHOUSE PROJECT is bringing the party to the We Invented the Weekend at Media City on 3 rd June. Prepare the family to embark on a musical journey like no other..!
We welcome local heroes Moodymanc & Veba, originally part of the Rae & Christian tour for Grand Central Records, back in the 90’s they have been good mates ever since. Combining they’re DJ talents to deliver a back to back set of slick Electronica House Music.
Activities by the Conker Crew an immersive nature-play collective bringing fresh air fun to urban families with a wholesome vibe. Expect a range of unique nature arts and activities with a twist of cool.
Plus all the usual fun, top tunes, visuals, lighting Inflatables, bubble machines, play dough station, colouring tables and much more.
Danny Ward aka Moodymanc is a Record Producer, Musician & DJ. He’s been producing records since the mid nineties under the name ‘Dubble D’. In the 90s and early noughties he collaborated and appeared on records with such luminaries as Fila Brazilia, The Pharcyde, Rae & Christian, Nightmares on Wax, Awesome 3 and a host of others but it was the cheeky monniker and imprint ‘Moodymanc’ that brought him firmly into the spotlight of House Music lovers worldwide. Whether it’s playing dusty rare grooves or laying down 4 to the floor from intimate parties to festival stages he brings a diverse and dynamic selection which never fails to move the crowd.
VEBA (Fat City, Groove Armada HOMOBLOC & La Discotheque). Underground music scene queen and one of Manchester’s greatest soul singers. VEBA provided her unique vocal skills on several tracks for Grand Central records, most famously “Spellbound” one of the most iconic soul tunes ever to be produced in Manchester. VEBA’s soulful, gospel tones have also appeared on a number of Groove Armada tunes. Having DJed for Playhouse Project many times before you can expect the unexpected plus a few surprises when VEBA gets on the mic.
Location: Weekend Stage
Saturday 1:20pm – 3:20pm
Suitable for – all ages, step-free
No tickets needed!
THE PLAYHOUSE PROJECT is a unique family-friendly rave experience, organised by a crew of seasoned clubbers and DJ’s from Manchester who are now parents. We keep the family crews dancing by providing top DJs, dancers, club lighting, visuals, kids activities, face painting, bubble machines, inflatables, colouring mural and giant balloons.
Terms and Conditions.
- Please remember that you remain 100% responsible for your children at all times.
- Please do not leave alcoholic drinks unattended.
- Music will be set to the recommended levels for little ears, child-safe club lighting, no strobe lighting used.
- We advise parents of young babies to wear a sling particularly on the dance-floor.
- This event is aimed at 0-8 year olds (activities are for this age range) however older children are welcome to attend.
- Photography / Video – There will be a photographer at the event, some shots will be used for publicity. Please inform a member of staff on arrival if you do not want your little ones to be photographed.
- Please no running or rowdy behaviour.
If you would like to contact the organiser of this event, please email – email@example.com